Follow us on Facebookfor updates, events, and how Kershaw County is being impacted by your donations!
When you support our Caring Hearts Winter Ball, you support people like Dreama.
Celebrating Results NOW! 2018 Campaign Video
Message from our President
Our community and our United Way are blessed to have so many
dedicated staff and volunteers. Below is a sampling of a few of our great
successes from the past year:
* We kicked off a new Mobile Nutrition Center and
transformed a rusty old warehouse into a distribution center to serve our
* Celebrated 10 years of operating New Day on Mill, a family
shelter with five cottagers that served more than 150 people. 93% have moved
into permanent housing and 83% have improved their income status.
* We served 49,957 meals at 31 sites throughout the county
to 1,745 youth through the summer food program.
* Moved toward a healthier community through the efforts of
Eat Smart, Move More to build a connector trail from Woodward to Scott park as
part of the larger vision for a complete trails plan for the county.
* Helped 63 families stay in their own homes and helped 21
homeless individuals secure permanent housing.
* Rebounded from the loss of a $70,000 federal grant and
ended the year in the black. We also kept our overhead (administration and
fundraising costs) for our United Way under 13% insuring that most of the funds
given go to programs and services that change our county for good.
* Promoted mentoring in our schools with approximately 50
mentors and 100 mentees in individual and group mentoring endeavors.
* From Board Members to chili cookers, and from Day of
Caring hands on help to Committee work, our volunteers played a critical role
in the above accomplishments!
The United Way of Kershaw County's mission is to provide a "Hand Up" to meet the human and social needs in our community by uniting hearts, minds and resources.